Laser cutting processing is a thermal cutting method using the focused laser beam as the main heat source, so what are the advantages of laser cutting compared with other thermal cutting methods?
1, cutting quality is good
Because of the small laser spot, high energy density and fast cutting speed, laser cutting can obtain better cutting quality.
Laser cutting cut cut narrow, cut both sides parallel and perpendicular to the surface, cutting part size accuracy of up to ±0.05mm.
The cutting surface is beautiful, the surface roughness is only a few tens of microns, and even laser cutting can be used as the next process, without machining, parts can be used directly.
After the material is laser-cut, the width of the thermal influence area is very small, the performance of the material near the cut is almost unaffected, and the work piece deformation is small, the cutting precision is high, the geometry of the cut seam is good, and the cross-section shape of the cut seam presents a more irregular rectangle. A comparison of laser cutting, oxyacetylene cutting and plasma cutting methods can be found in Table 1, with a low-carbon steel plate with a cutting material of 6.2 mm thick.
2, cutting efficiency is high
Due to the transmission characteristics of the laser, the laser cutting machine is generally equipped with multiple CNC workstations, the entire cutting process can be fully CNC. When operating, simply change the CNC program, you can apply different shapes of parts of the cutting, both for 2D cutting, but also for 3D cutting.
3, cutting speed
With a power of 1200W laser cutting 2mm thick low-carbon steel plate, cutting speed of up to 600cm/min, cutting 5mm thick polypropylene resin plate, cutting speed of up to 1200cm/min. Materials in laser cutting do not need to be clamped fixed, not only can save the tooling fixture, but also save the auxiliary time of the upper and lower materials.
4, non-contact cutting
The torch does not come into contact with the work piece during laser cutting and processing, and there is no wear on the tool. To machine parts of different shapes, there is no need to replace the "tool" or change the output parameters of the laser. Laser cutting process noise is low, vibration is small, no pollution.
5, cutting materials of many kinds
Compared with oxyacetylene cutting and plasma cutting, laser cutting materials include metal, non-metallic, metal-based and non-metallic-based composites, leather, wood and fiber. However, for different materials, due to their own thermophysical properties and the absorption rate of lasers, showing different laser cutting adaptability.
That's the point of today's introduction to laser cutting.
- What is the cause of burrs in the processing part when laser cutting carbon stee
- What are the characteristics of laser cutting and processing?
- Five key systems for the maintenance and maintenance of laser cutters
- How to cut out a good sample with a laser cutter
- Analysis of common problems in laser cutting and processing
- The main factors affecting the accuracy of laser cutting and processing
- How to clean the metal laser cutting and processing components
- What control systems are commonly used in optical cutting machines? ?
- Which core components are used in laser precision cutting and processing
- An analysis of the working principle and protection measures of laser cutting an
- Choose which points to pay attention to in laser cutting
- How to control the accuracy of metal laser cutting?