Laser cutting is the use of focused high-power density laser beam to irradiate the work piece, so that the irradiated material quickly melts, vaporizes, ablates or reaches the point of ignition, while blowing out the molten material with the high-speed air flow coaxial with the beam, thus cutting the work piece open. Laser cutting is one of the methods of thermal cutting.
Laser cutting can be divided into laser vaporization cutting, laser melting cutting, laser oxygen cutting and laser scing and control fracture four categories.
Laser vaporization cutting.
Using a high energy density laser beam to heat the work piece, the temperature rises rapidly, reaching the boiling point of the material in a very short period of time, and the material begins to vaporize, forming steam. These vapors are spewed out at a high rate, forming indigs in the material while the vapors are spewing out. The vaporization heat of the material is generally very large, so the laser vaporization cutting requires a lot of power and power density.
Laser vaporization cutting is mostly used in the cutting of very thin metal and non-metallic materials such as paper, cloth, wood, plastic and rubber.
Laser melting cutting.
When laser melting is cut, the metal material is melted by laser heating, and then the non-oxidizing gas (Ar, He, N, etc.) is blown through a nozzle coaxed with the beam, relying on the strong pressure of the gas to drain the liquid metal and form an inlet. Laser melting cutting does not require the metal to be completely vaporized, requiring only 1/10 of the energy required for vaporization cutting.
Laser melting cutting is mainly used in some non-oxidizing materials or active metals, such as stainless steel, titanium, aluminum and its alloys.
Laser oxygen cutting.
Laser oxygen cutting principle is similar to oxyacetylene cutting. It is the use of lasers as a source of preheat heat, oxygen and other active gases as cutting gases. On the one hand, the blow-out gas reacts with the cutting metal to produce a large amount of oxidation heat, on the other hand, the molten oxides and melts are blown out of the reaction area, forming indicts in the metal. Because the oxidation reaction in the cutting process produces a lot of heat, the energy required for laser oxygen cutting is only 1/2 of the melting cut, and the cutting speed is much greater than the laser vaporization cutting and melting cutting.
Laser oxygen cutting is mainly used in carbon steel, titanium steel and heat treatment steel and other easily oxidized metal materials.
Laser shrap and control break.
Laser sling is the use of high energy density laser scanning the surface of brittle material, so that the material is heat evaporated out of a small groove, and then apply a certain amount of pressure, brittle material will crack along the small groove. Lasers used for laser sering are generally Q switch lasers and CO2 lasers.
Control fracture is the use of laser grooves when the steep temperature distribution, in the brittle material to produce local thermal stress, so that the material along the small groove disconnect.
- What is the cause of burrs in the processing part when laser cutting carbon stee
- What are the characteristics of laser cutting and processing?
- Five key systems for the maintenance and maintenance of laser cutters
- How to cut out a good sample with a laser cutter
- Analysis of common problems in laser cutting and processing
- The main factors affecting the accuracy of laser cutting and processing
- How to clean the metal laser cutting and processing components
- What control systems are commonly used in optical cutting machines? ?
- Which core components are used in laser precision cutting and processing
- An analysis of the working principle and protection measures of laser cutting an
- Choose which points to pay attention to in laser cutting
- How to control the accuracy of metal laser cutting?