With the application of laser cutting more and more widely, more and more suitable materials. However, different materials have different characteristics, so the use of laser cutting needs to pay attention to different things, the following laser cutting using the main materials for a brief analysis:
The material laser cutting with oxygen cutting will get better results. When oxygen is used as a processing gas, the cutting edges are slightly oxidized. For plates up to 4mm thick, nitrogen can be used as a processing gas for high-pressure cutting. In this case, the cutting edges are not oxidized. The thickness of more than 10mm plate, the laser using a special plate and in the processing of the surface of the work piece oil can get better results.
2, stainless steel.
Cutting stainless steel requires: laser cutting uses oxygen, in the case of edge oxidation does not matter; Coating the oil film on the surface of the sheet results in better perforation without reducing processing quality.
Despite its high reflectivity and thermal conductivity, aluminum less than 6mm thick can be cut, depending on the alloy type and laser capability. When cut with oxygen, the cutting surface is rough and hard. When nitrogen is used, the cutting surface is smooth. Pure aluminum because of its high purity is very difficult to cut, only when the system is installed with a "reflection absorption" device to cut aluminum. Otherwise, reflection destroys the optical components.
Titanium sheets are cut with argon and nitrogen as processed gases. Other parameters can refer to nickel-chromium steel.
5, copper and brass.
Both materials have high reflectivity and very good thermal conductivity. Brass with a thickness of less than 1mm can be cut with nitrogen, copper with a thickness of less than 2mm can be cut, and the processing gas must be made with oxygen. Copper and brass can only be cut if a "reflection absorption" device is installed on the system. Otherwise, reflection destroys the optical components.
6, synthetic materials.
Keep in mind the hazards of cutting and the hazardous substances that may be emitted when cutting synthetic materials. Laser cutting can be processed synthetic materials are: thermoplastics, thermostyl hardening materials and artificial rubber.
7, organic matter.
Laser cutting is at risk of fire in all organic matter cutting (nitrogen can be used as a processing gas, or compressed air as a processing gas). Wood, leather, cardboard and paper can be laser-cut and the cutting edges scorched (brown).
- What is the cause of burrs in the processing part when laser cutting carbon stee
- What are the characteristics of laser cutting and processing?
- Five key systems for the maintenance and maintenance of laser cutters
- How to cut out a good sample with a laser cutter
- Analysis of common problems in laser cutting and processing
- The main factors affecting the accuracy of laser cutting and processing
- How to clean the metal laser cutting and processing components
- What control systems are commonly used in optical cutting machines? ?
- Which core components are used in laser precision cutting and processing
- An analysis of the working principle and protection measures of laser cutting an
- Choose which points to pay attention to in laser cutting
- How to control the accuracy of metal laser cutting?